Friday 30 March 2012

Mentor

Demi with two of the volunteers, Julia from Spain and Adele from France ;)

Hello!
My name is Demi Jackson and I am 30 years old. I found EDRA two years ago when I decided to do the EVS program. I carried out a project in Germany supporting the workers in a kindergarten for 8 months. It was a wonderful experience and when I came back I decided to be a volunteer for  EDRA ..
Since then, I am volunteering as a mentor for the volunteers who come for  EVS in EDRA.
From my volunteer experience, I discovered that EVS is an opportunity which offers a lot of experience and knowledge and also helps young people to develop very strongs feelings in the community, with your partners, their collegues in work...and of course between themselves! 
So, my first experience as a volunteer abroad made me think that  it  would be very nice to help other volunteers who come to Greece in their process of adaptation, because we share the shame emotions, experience, expectations, worries and dreams and I can understand their "situation" and their feelings.
I think EDRA makes a very good "job" with the volunteers, and for that reason I decided to be a mentor for them!
I have met already a lot of them..and it is very rewarding to see the volunteers being very happy here,
So for now it is really a pleasure to work with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment